Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'd like to thank the Academy...

How I forgot about this, I'll never know. And what made me think of it? An even bigger mystery.

Last month, Beth awarded me a Thinking Blogger Award. Now, I don't know if Beth actually has the authority to bestow such accolades upon me but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. And God help her if she's actually looking to me for her daily cup of "thought". Because I think we all know that I am not much more than a spewing volcano of nonsense.

And handbags. And occassionally, media reviews - be they tv, movies, theatre, books, whatever... If somebody pours their heart, soul, and a few years of hard work into something meant for enjoyment by the masses, I'm more than happy to take a few seconds to rip it to shreds. I can't help it. It's that inner/outer bitch beating up my inner/outer nice girl again.

I digress.

Anyhoobie, Beth apparently sees some redeeming qualities in my musings and even though I personally think she's delusional, this is as close to an Academy Award as I'll ever get so I'm running with it.

Apparently, I'm supposed to award five more people but to be honest? I don't like to think too much when I'm reading blogs. I prefer to laugh. Maybe I'll come up with my own award. The Laughing Blogger Award. I'm going to give this some thought and come back...

3 comments:

The very nice man said...

Good idea! We need more laughs in our lives!
If you post 5 winners of the Laughing Blogger Award, I will most certainly want to read them!

Beth said...

What, no "I want to thank the Academy"?

Aisby said...

You make me think...about shoes, dresses, theatre, and how much I envy your travels.