Wednesday, June 13, 2007

When I grow up


Last night Jason and I went to see Billy Elliot the musical. It was fab. It's funny, it's heartwarming, it's heartbreaking, it's inspiring...

Because it helped me decide what I want to be when I grow up. A ballerina! I couldn't wait to practice my ballet moves when we got home.


Needs a bit of work yet but I'll get there. Plié, plié, plié... Pirouette, pirouette, pirouette... Jeté, jeté, jeté... Rond de jambe, rond de jambe, rond de jambe... Rélevé, rélevé, rélevé... Pas de bourrée, pas de bourrée, pas de bourrée... Shimmie, shimmie, shimmie... Step-ball-change, step-ball-change, step-ball-change...

Wait, I think those last two are Fosse. Oh well, when all else fails... JAZZ HANDS!

3 comments:

Aisby said...

Personally, I think Fosse is a lot more fun than ballet. But I do enjoy both.

andrea said...

One of the cutest plays ever, I agree! Glad you enjoyed it :)

Beth said...

Obviously you need to watch Center Stage once or twice more to get your terms down pat! ;)