Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Funny how that worked out

Everybody 'member when I was all "Woe is me, I'm so homesick... Whither the Nutshell. I shall simply perish if I don't get me a glass of sweet tea..."?

Hmph. Well, I'm going home. In like, two days. But not for reasons that I'm excited about. My grandpa is very sick and I'm going to see him.

But what I am excited about (in the spirit of finding the silver lining in an otherwise sad situation) are the following:
Spending the whole weekend with our adorable nieces
Seeing my friends who always make me laugh and who I miss so much
Going to Target and damn near buying them out
Gettin' my hair did by the one and only Tommy (hopefully)
Getting a mani/pedi for less than the cost of a small car

So that's that. What it is, bro.

Peace.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Travel safely, and pick up a copy of Carmen Reid's The Personal Shopper if you need a Brit chick lit to make you smile on the plane. :) Oh - and that egg box of cupcakes on my blog? We're so having shabby chic afternoon tea there the next time you come to visit!!

Steph said...

Sorry to hear that your Grandpa is sick, but enjoy your time at home!!!

Aisby said...

Heather, I'm so sorry that your grandfather is sick. But I am glad that you're getting to go home for a while. Have a good trip. Enjoy Target!

Oh, and that isn't me on Library Thing.

andrea said...

I am so sorry Heather, I know how hard it is when a grandparent is sick and you are so far away, so I am happy that you are getting to go home. Have a safe trip and enjoy every minute of being home and being with your grandfather :)

kristina said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Like Andrea said, it's so hard being on this side of the pond when things like this happen. I'll be thinking of you. Safe travels and remember to bring that extra bag :)

A Novelist said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. You will be in my thoughts. Have a safe trip.

xo

Tola said...

Be safe, be comforted. It will be all right.

Melanie said...

I hope I was included in the "Seeing my friends who always make me laugh and who I miss so much" because I freaking cannot wait to see you! I hate that you are coming home under these circumstances, but I am really looking forward to your arrival. And hopefully you want to see me too and not only because I have your jeans :). Travel safe and call me when you get here!