Monday, July 23, 2007

Have a Nice Day

Lest anyone think I'm sitting around in the dark listening to Everybody Hurts by REM on repeat and contemplating what would happen if I accidentally-on-purpose took too many Tylenol and washed them down with a fifth of bourbon, I wanted to let you all know that I also have a "Good Day" playlist.

And right now? I need it. So, I took Friday to wallow in pity and am now moving on to the "snap out of it by playing good music because the weather around here sure as hell isn't going to help" portion of the program.

So, if you're having a good day or you need some motivation to have a good day, I suggest listening to a few of these gems:

And before anyone asks, yes I do have a playlist for just about every possible scenario.

It's Oh So Quiet - Bjork
Freedom - George Michael
My Hero - Foo Fighters
Dreams - Cranberries (Yes I know it's sooo 90's but suck it.)
Feeling Good - Michael Buble (or Nina Simone)
Pick a Part That's New - Stereophonics
Forca - Nelly Furtado
Song For a Friend - Jason Mraz
Beautiful Day - U2
(Ain't Got No) I Got Life - Nina Simone
Lovely Day - Bill Withers
Light and Day - The Polyphonic Spree
I Want to Break Free - Queen
Good - Better Than Ezra
The Beauty in Ugly - Jason Mraz
Have a Nice Day - Stereophonics
The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
Best of You - Foo Fighters

P.S. Yes, I'm aware the Best of You is also on my Bad Day playlist but take a listen to the words and you'll see that it can be used as a "Poor me" sob fest or a "Get Up, Get Out, and Get on With It" anthem.

P.P.S . This playlist is also excellent for dancing around the house while trying to look like you're doing housework. I wouldn't know anything about that personally but I've heard....

P.P.P.S. I don't care what people on the top deck of the 211 bus in Fulham told you. They're liars. And anyway, I live in respectable Richmond now and people don't do that sort of thing.

P.P.P.P.S. Besides, we live in a much taller building now AND no buses go down our street so there are NO witnesses.

No comments: