Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pop quiz

You've got about 24 hours until your in-laws arrive for a visit and the bathroom needs to be cleaned, laundry needs to be done, kitchen needs a good scrubbin', and the whole flat is due for a vacuum. All 5 rooms, 2 levels of stairs and 3 landings of it. Not to mention that it is absolutely necessary that you review your Italian notes from last term before class starts up again or you will be shamed before your classmates when you're expected to tell everyone what you did over the summer. In Italiano, per favore. Do you get straight to work or do you pour yourself another cup of coffee and settle in for a pre-recorded episode of Ugly Betty?

As an adult, you'd think I'd make the right decision here.

Yeah.... you'd think...

4 comments:

A Novelist said...

I myself and the BIGGEST procrastinator...so my answer would be coffee and Ugly Betty! ;)

Hope you get everything done in time for their visit!

Beth said...

I can't believe your classes are starting up again already. It really is back to school season! I begin History of Fashion on Monday!!

Sue said...

As a mother/mother-in-law getting ready to visit Dublin, I say Betty first with coffee in hand...Lessons second, you can practice on the way to class... Forget the housework! Your in-laws will be jetlagged and never notice a thing except the beautiful bunch of Fresia...Just a thought! :)

Beth N said...

Hmm... I'll trade your 5 room, 2 story flat for our 3 room 1 story flat, that can be hoovered all without ever switching outlets. Hope you're having fun with the fam.