Sunday, October 07, 2007

On the road again

In an email exchange on Thursday of last week, after I told Beth Nori that our planned trip to Dublin wasn't going to work out, she told me to have fun whatever we ended up doing and said "Wherever you go, antics seem to follow!" This is not the first time someone has expressed this sentiment to me in one way or another. I'm beginning to wonder if I've made some sort of cartoon version of myself for the blog. That by only posting about the interesting things I do, people think my life is a series of one crazy event after another. This is a pretty big charade to keep up but in the interest of you, my dear and faithful readers, I'll do my best.

To that end, Jason and I set out on a road trip of the West Midlands this weekend. Why the West Midlands you ask? Well, when we were at Stonehenge, Jason got suckered (by a cute and bubbly girl) into buying us a membership to the English Heritage which gets us into a lot of stuff for free. One area that had a lot of interesting (read: free) attractions was the West Midlands. So. There you go.

Photos will follow tomorrow but, for now, the weekend in numbers:

English Heritage sights visited (for FREE) - 5
Non-English Heritage sights visited (which robbed us blind) - 1
Antique fairs stumbled upon - 2
Borders crossed unwittingly - 1
Photos taken - 106
13th Century castle ruins climbed on - 1
Motorways traversed - 18
Miles driven - 461
Pounds spent on petrol - 63

Amd n0w there;s a cat sjttjng on my hands so i have to sstop typing. Bye.

2 comments:

Steph said...

When I lived in England a few years ago I never quite made it to Warwick Castle, but I did go to Nottingham and York, and they turned out to be some of my favorite places ever.

If you go to York and hit up the Jorvic (sp?) Viking Center, you won't regret it. Much better than any ride at Disney Land. Seriously. Email me if you want more details. ;)

Beth N said...

In my defense, all i have to say is: walrus tusk straws. you bring it upon yourself, baby. And we all love it :)