Sunday, December 09, 2007

Superhuman Acts of Restraint


I think my unwavering love for Ewan McGregor has been fairly well documented here at the Nutshell. So when I heard he was appearing again on the London stage as Iago in Shakespeare's Othello, I was ready to beg, borrow or steal to get tickets. Especially considering the venue was the Donmar Warehouse which seats about 250 people. (Most London theatres seat about 2,000.) As it were, tickets weren't what one might call "readily available" unless you had a few hundred extra quid floating about in your pockets that you were willing to hand over to a greedy eBayer. In fact, it's the hottest ticket in town right now and it's damn near impossible to get your mits on them.

Well, as it happened, I did get my mits on some. For the very fair price of 20.00 GBP. Granted, I did stand outside the Donmar Warehousebox office in the pouring rain for an hour and a half in the hope of getting two of the 20 "day of" seats the theatre was releasing. But it paid off. I got two tickets on the second row. Honestly though, it wouldn't have mattered if we'd been on the back row. The theatre is so tiny that every seat is a great seat.

And we were sitting right by one of the main through-ways by which the actors leave and enter the stage and there were several times that I could have reached out and touched Ewan. Good lord he's pretty. However, I showed restraint and kept my hands to myself. How, I'm not sure.

Anyway, a couple of pics... Obviously the stage still isn't mine. I swiped it from the internets. (By the way, Othello was played by Chiwetel Ejiofor - Keira Knighley's husband in Love Actually. And he was absolutely outstanding!)



2 comments:

Beth said...

So, so jealous. So jealous. So. Jealous.

Beth N said...

Hmm... I notice you conveniently left out the bit about the "stalking." But don't worry... your secrets are safe with me!