Monday, March 31, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

As April arrives, I'm reminded that no matter what the UK says, it's spring pretty much everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere.  In that vein, I've begun my bi-annual sartorial and musical change up.

I absolutely refuse to wear boots past March so all my tall leather boots have been lovingly stuffed with old rolled up magazines, slipped into dustbags, and placed in their boxes.  They've been replaced with ballet flats, wedges, Converse All-Stars and Pumas.  I also cannot stand the thought of wearing heavy wool sweaters so they, too, have been relegated to my out-of-season closet (i.e. the guest room).  My wool socks and scarves and tweed coats have met the same fate.  There may be days when I will freeze but that's the price I pay for my principles.

What all this means for my iPod is out with Pete Yorn, The Shins, Coldplay, Whiskeytown, Damien Rice, Heather Nova, Joshua Radin, Rogue Wave, Nick Drake, Ray LaMontagne, The Raconteurs and late Dave Matthews Band and in with Jack Johnson, G. Love, Lucinda Williams, Tift Merritt, The Beautiful Girls, Gipsy Kings, Cowboy Mouth, and early Dave Matthews Band.

So c'mon Spring.  I'm ready and waiting.

3 comments:

Suze - Manchester UK said...

Coldplay was ON YOUR IPOD!?? Did you lend it to someone who didn't like you!?
I'd send my coats to the closet, but something tells me I'll need them at the end of April... the picture on my blog should explain why. Otherwise I totally agree with your principles and bought non-boot work shoes today in support.

Heather said...

Oh Suze... You're not one of those holier-than-thou "I hate Coldplay because they got popular very quickly and lots of people think it's super cool to hate them." types are you???? Don't make me roll my eyes at you. Oops, too late... Just did.

;-)

Suze - Manchester UK said...

No I'm definitely not - I really only object to him wearing electrical tape on his fingers for no good reason and generally I'm just more rock-oriented. Though there's almost a full back catalogue of Kylie in my collection. Oops!