Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Karma

Today I made a little boo boo. I was on my way to Notting Hill to meet a new arrival from the States and on my way out of Richmond, I got Subway for lunch. I ate my sub there and took my drink to finish on the road. Some of you may know that there are not really any rubbish bins in the Underground (since the 7/7 attack) and oftentimes people just leave their crap on the train for someone else to pick up and toss out.

I am not one of those people. I will carry trash around until I find a suitable receptacle. Except...today. One stop away from Notting Hill Gate, I sat my cup down to dig my Oyster card out of my bag. And I forgot to pick it back up. I really truly just forgot. And it didn't occur to me until I was on the tube heading back home.

Then this thought struck me.... Subway is currently running "Scrabble" like how McDonald's does Monopoly, with the little peeley things on the cups. "One in two is an instant winner!!!" Except I forgot to peel off my thingies to see if I was a winner. I can see the headline now. "London man wins 100,000 pounds from Subway cup found on the tube: Says will use money to pay off back child support to his baby's momma."

No comments: