Thursday, April 24, 2008

May I offer you a Q-tip?

There is no good intro to this so I'm just going to put it out there.

I was just on the tube and the girl sitting across from me was literally picking stuff out of her ears and eating it. For a long time. Really rummaging around in there and then totally f-ing eating it. I mean, WTF??? Did she have small snacks stored in there? Was she foraging for nuts and berries?? And just to clarify, I do not mean that she was sort of absentmindedly doing this like some people pick their cuticles or bite their nails. This was job one. She was actively concentrating on the task at hand. If she does this on the tube, I shudder to think about what goes on in the privacy of her own home.

I must say that I have actually noticed that many people here have absolutely no problem digging around in their noses in full view of the general public. They don't even try to hide it. And I mean to tell you people that I have seen some very serious digging. It is so vile. I have come thisclose to telling some people exactly how disgusting they are.

What takes the cake is when you see these people stand up and put their hands all over the bars and handles in the train. And that is exactly why they make Purell in travel size.

On that note, Jason and I are getting out of here and taking off for Vienna tomorrow morning.  Fingers crossed that people there are more tissue-inclined.  Back next week!

4 comments:

A Novelist said...

Ewww, that is disgusting. I can't believe how nasty some people are? John and I NEVER hold onto the bars on the subways or anything because people are 10 times dirtier here. And I always carry Purell... ;)

Have a great time in Vienna and take lots of pictures. :)

Jessi said...

We totally noticed it in Holland as well...even at work. It was absolutely crazy!

Have fun in Vienna. That was one city we didn't make it to while we were there and I wished we had. Looking forward to your pictures.

Beth N said...

Have fun in Vienna! We really loved it there...wzfrlxt

Suze - Manchester UK said...

Eeewwww how absolutely foul!!
Glad to not be catching public transport these days.
Have fun in the land 'o' the schnitzel!!