Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Therapy - for only 99 cents!

Ok. I know I was just banging on about Jason Mraz lyrics last week but I swear it's like he's inside my head right now. He just released a new song on iTunes yesterday and it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard, and ever so timely for me in light of recent events. Here's a sample of the lyrics...

Details in the Fabric

Calm down
Deep breaths
And get yourself dressed
instead of running around
and pulling on your threads
and breaking yourself up

If it's a broken part, replace it
If it's a broken arm, then brace it
If it's a broken heart, then face it

Hold your own
Know your name
And go your own way
And everything will be fine

Hang on
Help is on the way
Stay strong
I'm doing everything

All the details in the fabric
All the things that make you panic
Are your thoughts results of static cling?

Just hold your own
Know your name
And go your own way
And everything will be fine

Um, wow.  Apparently, he wrote it for a friend who was going through a particularly bad break up.  But every now and then, I think we all have dealt with something that has made us question who we are.  Whether it be a break up, break down, or just a bad day that broke our spirit.  What better advice than to "hold your own, know your name, and go your own way"?

Do yourself a favor and pony up the 99 cents for this gem.  It's a lot cheaper than a therapist.

P.S. Sorry for all these "serious" posts lately.  I'm sure you don't come here to listen to me wax philosophical about life and all its problems and/or joys.  You come here to read about my weird conversations with Domino's pizza man or my adventures with snakes or socks and snacks on a plane or for my arts and crafts lessons or horrible laundry accidents or maybe even to see what happens when Jason and I try to fit ourselves into boxes.  I know this.  I'll get back to regular programming very soon.  Promise.

2 comments:

A Novelist said...

It is a beautiful song. I think you love Jason Mraz just as much as I love Bono! ;)

Anna said...

Mraz is super cool... I've seen him once or twice in concert and I still think "0% Interest" is one of my all-time favorite songs