Tuesday, April 01, 2008

You asked for it...

Well, to be specific... Beth asked for it so you can complain to her about my snooty answers.

INSPIRATIONS

Favorite discovery - OPI ridge filler with a topcoat of gloss to fake a manicure (I call it a fanicure.)
Who inspires you - Audrey Hepburn
Necessary extravagance - Designer jeans
Favorite place in the world - Coastal Greece

BEAUTY PRODUCTS

Lipstick - Clinique Black Honey (I'm never, ever without it.)
Mascara - DiorShow
Shampoo - Pureology
Moisturizer - Kiehl's Creme de Corps
Hair product - Frederick Fekkai Glossing Cream with Olive Oil
Perfume - Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb for Spring and Tom Ford Neroli Portofino for Fall and evenings
Toothpaste - Don't care
Soap - Kiehl's Creme de Corps Washing Cream
Nail polish - Chanel 
Favorite salon - Tommy's in Raleigh and Laurel S. in London

HOME

Where do you live - London
Sheets - Ralph Lauren
Coffee maker - Cuisinart Grind n' Brew
Favorite flower - Tulip
Favorite gadget - Cuisinart MiniPrep
Favorite neighborhood restaurant - Richmond Cafe (Thai)
Favorite cocktail - Grey Goose and Tonic
Favorite dessert - Sticky Toffee Pudding
Favorite snack - Plain potato chips with Kraft Fat Free Singles (Weird but true.)
Favorite ingredient - Salt

CLOTHES

Jeans - Seven For All Mankind for everyday, James Jeans or Superfine for trendy cuts
Underwear - Gap Body Ultra Smooth
Sneakers - Puma
Watch - Don't wear one.
T-shirt - Express tissue tees for casual basics, Marc by Marc Jacobs for cute prints
Day bag - Louis Vuitton
Evening bag - Vintage 1960's patent leather
Favorite accessory - My wedding ring
Favorite designer - Ohhhh boy...  Chloe for casual shoes, Manolo for dressy shoes, Burberry for winter accessories, Missoni for summer accessories, Prada for eyewear, LV for bags, Juicy Couture for lounge wear, DVF for day dresses, Stella McCartney for evening dresses, Theory for trousers, Michael Kors for "American Classic", Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel for "Parisiene Chic", Marc Jacobs for "Cute City Casual", DAY Birger et Mikkelsen for "Boho Summer", Matthew Williamson for "Whimsical Fun", John Galliano at Dior for pure and total fantasy, original Christian Dior couture for his legendary feminine aesthetic and Tom Ford for menswear.  (You're sorry you asked now, aren't you?)
Favorite department store - Saks
Favorite boutique - Matches

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about a tally for the number of pairs/pieces you own by each designer?

Heather said...

Ha! I wish. So far, other than my Juicy's, my Theory trousers and the odd DVF, Marc Jacobs or DAY piece here and there that I find on sale, my designer possessions are pretty much relegated to shoes, bags and accessories.

I'm just a girl who's crazy about fashion and I keep up with the industry like it's my job :)

Hopefully, over time my collection will grow.

beth said...

LOL - Salt. Love it.

Suze - Manchester UK said...

It really should be your job!
Salt is definitely one of my favourite ingredients - I was surprised how much I agreed with in your list!