Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Does "sora" mean "sour"? Oh sweet merciful Jesus!!

So.... Three full days in Sweden under our belts and Jason is at work today. I had every intention of blogging this morning but the weather is far too nice to sit inside my hotel room.

Some highlights to tide you over:

I did, in fact, get my Swedish massage from a Swedish guy. Although he was named Robert, not Jens.

I almost cried in a fitting room while trying on swimsuits.

I used Molton Brown face lotion on my feet (and not a small amount of it either) because I thought they needed some TLC after all the walking.

I found some proper sour candy here (England has NONE) and ate so much of it that I rendered my tongue incapable of taste and broke the permanent retainer on the backside of my bottom teeth.

I was so proud of myself for bargaining 50 kronor off the asking price of a Rosenthal teacup trio at a flea market but when I told Jason, his response was something like "Pshaw. I would have offered her 50 kronor total." Well color me deflated.

And now, I must bid you adieu. There's a Toulouse-Lautrec exhibition on at the National Museum and then I have absolutely nothing planned except wandering aimlessly, occasionally stopping for a cappucino and some light reading at a cafe.

Perhaps Jason will have to abandon me for a work dinner this evening, in which case I'll probably try to do some actual blogging then...

3 comments:

Suze - Manchester UK said...

You nearly cried trying on swimsuits? I can relate to this. Mostly I'm trying to work out whether there really are 3 people in the changing room with me - because it sure looks like there's more flesh in the mirror than just mine.
I threw a wobbly yesterday at the trafford center trying on bridesmaid dresses with Phil. I hate dress shopping and behaved just like a 5 year old. 10 bucks says he regrets asking me to marry him!!

A Novelist said...

I LOVE Molton Brown products. Can't wait to see the lovely pics from Sweden! ;)

beth said...

Ooh, sounds like a blissful day!