Thursday, May 15, 2008

The fashion mistress is in.

I'm sitting in Starbucks on a dodgy wireless connection and I felt compelled to post an open letter to the women of London:

Dear Women of London, 

It is May.  Mid-May.  PUT AWAY YOUR BOOTS.  Yes, I know today is the first day in many that the weather has been less-than-ideal.  But that does not mean you get to whip out your boots like that spat of 70-80 degree days never happened.  There are other options.  It's not as though it's either sandals or boots.  This time of year is exactly why ballet flats exist.  Get thee to a shoe store and discover the plethora of options that await you.

XOXO,
Heather

P.S.   There is but one exception to this rule:  Hunter wellies.

4 comments:

andrea said...

I can proudly say, that even in all my Uggs glory, I have not worn boots in weeks. Over a month even. So I totally agree.

Although I was wearing trainers today, not ballet flats. Oh well, I am on the right track :)

beth said...

Could we please add tights to this list too? No sundresses with tights. It's just wrong. And the women of Dublin should be listening up as well!

Suze - Manchester UK said...

I have a lot to learn!!
Please advise suitable footwear for a job that means you have to go on construction sites? What should I coordinate with a helmet and hi-vis jacket?? Help!

Heather said...

Oh Suze.... Bless. I regret to inform you that no footwear goes with a helmet or hi-vis jacket. The good news, however, is that you get a free pass in this instance. Work situations in which you are forced to wear such atrocities for your own personal safety do not count against your fashion score.