Saturday, May 17, 2008

One person's crazy is another's genius

For a gal like me, who loves all things fashion and Sex and the City, meeting Patricia Field ranks pretty high. Yes, that Patricia Field. Totally kooky -- nay, bat-shit crazy -- but fabulous in that she's-incredibly-creative-and-doesn't-care-what-other-people-think kind of way. So you have to love her for that. She who started the huge flower pin craze, she who re-introduced 80's ghetto fabulous with the gold "Carrie" necklace (which went on to become a SATC character in its own right)...

In honor of the SATC movie release, she designed four limited edition Diet Coke bottles exclusively for Selfridges and was in-store yesterday to sign them. So, although I generally do my best to avoid Oxford Street at all costs, I braved the crowds with Geo.


Look Beth! It's the elusive pyjama dress! I can pretty much guarantee you'll see it again when I step off that plane at JFK in a couple of weeks...

3 comments:

beth said...

I have no words.

Suze - Manchester UK said...

Are you going to drink the Diet Coke?

Beth N said...

Is it NOT the most comfortable dress ever?

BTW, I seriously need a picture of those bottles so I can post on the packaging blog I write for. Pllllleeeeease????