Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Skyrockets in flight

A-aa-aaa-afternoon delight! Not that kind of delight. Get your mind out of the gutter. This kind of delight:

Yesterday I spent the afternoon sitting on the green - reading, writing, sipping a frappuccino and people watching.

I think I'm finally re-acclimated to temperatures at this level. The day after we got back from Sweden last week, it was an absolutely beautiful day and I decided to head out to the green for the afternoon. I knew the weather forecast had said something like 77 degrees but when I was getting ready, I couldn't fathom going out in just a tee and three-quarter length cargos so I grabbed a cardigan to put in my bag "just in case". In what kind of world does someone think 77 degrees does not equal a cotton sundress???

I'll tell you. In a world where it's overcast and chilly two-thirds of the year. In a world where there was no summer last year. In a world where I had multiple cotton sundresses from last year with the tags still on because I wasn't able to wear them.

Who knows if this will stick around or not? One cannot worry oneself with such trivia in times like these. One had just better get out there and take advantage of it while one can.

6 comments:

beth said...

Fashion Mistress, could you please share the shade of nail varnish you are sporting?

Suze - Manchester UK said...

That last sentence proves how British you have become!
One is very surprised!

Heather said...

Beth - Unfortunately, I can't recall. But... it's OPI, it's part of their "wide brush" range, and it's creme/matte (meaning no shimmer or glitter). Let me know if you can't pin it down and I can easily drop into my nail place and check it out for you!

beth said...

Excellent. Thanks!

The Franco Fille said...

Cute blanket! May I ask where it's from?

Heather said...

Franco Fille,

You certainly may but you're going to make fun of me when I tell you...

Our first summer here we pulled an impromptu picnic somewhere around Notting Hill and M&S was giving away a free picnic blanket if you bought a certain amount of food. It's not as cute in person but it's got a waterproof backing on it which comes in handy - esp. in England :)