Friday, June 13, 2008

My rock-star life

At the week's beginning, I thought we were probably going to Munich this weekend.  Turns out, no.  However, by the middle of the week, we had Eurostar tickets to Paris and a hotel reservation just off the Champs. By week's end, we'll be sipping french presse and eating croissants at a sidewalk cafe.  I'll take it.

There is but one problem with traveling to the fashion capital of the world...

Last night, Jason and I were playing a rousing game of Stuff the Suitcase.  I was flitting about the bedroom throwing around silk scarves and the fiercest, most fabulous four-inch heels that ever were (I think you know the ones I'm talking about, Mrs. Beth Nori) and, despite my declaration that "I'm taking a range of coordinating key pieces", Jason suddenly says "I fear that you're going to arrive in Paris with a suitcase full of accessories but no actual clothes to wear."  I consider this.  I have visions of myself scrambling to fashion an ensemble out of hotel sheets, a belt and a Dior scarf.  

Perhaps I'll lose some of the more frivolous items and try to make room for a shirt or two.  But the fierce, fabulous four-inch heels are staying.

3 comments:

Suze - Manchester UK said...

I have visions of a Jodie Marsh belt outfit. Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Pack some real clothes!

Jessi said...

Have a great time!

Beth N said...

Oh man, you know the shoes have to go. They might need their own suitcase! And perhaps the helmet that Rino suggested...