Thursday, June 12, 2008

Southern Reception

I saw this at Victoria Station yesterday:

Could this be a job opportunity for me?  Greeting tourists fresh off the Gatwick Express with a plate of fresh-baked buttermilk biscuits and a glass of sweet iced tea?  

"Hey y'all!  Hows everbody doin' tah-day?  Hope all y'all had a real nice flight.  Ah'd like to be tha first to welcome y'all to the great city of London!  You'll feel right at home, I jes' know you will.  It's just like Atlantuh - except it's little bigger and the people talk real funny like!  Oh, and...  the teenagers dress real weird and carry knives."

3 comments:

Suze - Manchester UK said...

Those signs sure can be confusing. I was at the pub the other night having a few bottles of wine and went (ok, staggered) to the toilets. I saw a cubicle that has a sign with a paraplegic on it. I thought, I'm not paraletic yet, but I'm getting there so I used a regular loo.

Aisby said...

The kids in Atlanta dress funny and carry knives.

Janet said...

HA HA HA...I thought EXACTLY the same thing when I spotted this sign on your blog page! You'd be perfect for the job.

I once had a secretary who told me her job ambition was to be "the head of the reception line at the airport". I ponder that one from time to time, even now.

Janet