Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Give 'em the old Mrazzle Dazzle

As my long-suffering husband said last night, I'm allowed one night per year to love Jason Mraz more than I love the original Jason. Hopefully, he'll allow me a few additional minutes today while I write up this post....

Me and Original Jason

The show was great - a lot of material off We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. which was great because it's such a fantastic album. Here's what I love about him... he (and Toca actually) were playing in the band during the opening act - Bushwalla - in the most riduculous disguise of stick on sideburns, mustache and eyebrows. What's funny is that, because I wasn't expecting him to be out there, I didn't actually realize it was him until he piped up with some background vocals. I immediately knew that voice. I didn't get a good photo because we were experimenting with the camera settings during the opener and didn't get it figured out until after.


For the encore, he came back out and opened with "Details in the Fabric" (which you may remember from this post). And lo and behold, who happened to show up but James f-ing Morrisson?!? It's not that often you get to see a duet performed by the original singers. I guess it's the benefit of going to the show in London, where James presumably resides...

Another thing I love about him - he so often plays barefoot. I don't know why but I love that...

So, I know this is blurry... but DAMN! Check out those strongs! Yoga does a body good.

Geo and me-o

My flair

He's coming back in September to play the Royal Albert Hall. And since I'm the supah-fan, I of course got my tickets before they even went on sale to the general public. I'll be there with my flair. Hope Original Jason allows me one more night of Mraz-lovin'.

3 comments:

A Novelist said...

I just purchased his new album and love it! :)

Suze - Manchester UK said...

I just realised you have matching t-shirts! awwww...

Muz & Mo said...

OMG
I cannot even tell you how JEALOUS we are!!! So glad it was a great concert (although not surprising - he rocks). And he's playing at Royal Alberts Hall? OMG that will be AMAZING!!! Love the flair too:)