Saturday, July 12, 2008

No, you cannot haz baybee rite nao

I struggled for some time on whether or not to blog this process.  But after a chat with Jason (Since, you know, hey!  This is his life too!) and some personal reflection, I decided that I've never been one to, hmmmm, how should I put this....  hold back.  

Since I started this here blog, I've pretty much let it all hang out.  Good, bad, pretty, ugly, funny, not-so-funny, happy, sad - I've shared it with perfect strangers.  Why stop now?

So, here it is.  My first pregnancy test.  Negativo.  Sorry, you are not a winner this time.  Please pee on another stick soon!

funny pictures
(In an effort to keep my sense of humor about all this, I decided to use the LOL builder at icanhascheezburger.com to caption the photo of my pee stick in the spirit of the site.  If you're not familiar, check it out.  Yu'll laff.  I'z promiss.)

And you know what?  Even though I knew in my logical brain that it was so very unlikely that I was pregnant, I spent the entire walk to Boots and back convincing myself that "I might be though!  I mean, it's possible!" and dreaming up all these fantasies about how I would tell Jason and the family and my best friend.  (Who, by the way, sent me the most amazing and supportive email that made me cry when I related this little tale to her several weeks ago when I actually took this test.  See?  I told you I have thought about whether or not to go public with this for a while...)  Would I come up with some elaborate scheme involving a tiny Redsox or Carolina Hurricanes onesie only to get so excited that I just blurt it out when he walked through the door?  Or maybe I would wrap up the positive pregnancy test and give it to him?  

Turns out, I don't need to be worrying about any of that stuff just yet.  Let's just slow down and take this in order, shall we?

8 comments:

andrea said...

Oh Heather, I know an 'I'm sorry' isn't what you are looking for, but I am sorry, and I know it will happen for you guys soon, cause you and Jason will be incredible parents. Fingers crossed that the next walk from Boots brings 2 pink lines!

Suze - Manchester UK said...

Oh bugger - that's disappointing, I'm really sorry. Still, loads of time, plus this means you can have a few sherbets when you see us! Hurrah!

Susan said...

It will happen. Until then, relish your ability to sleep without interruption!

Catherine said...

I'm going to keep this post and show it to you when your children are 2 and 3 and you are calling me screaming.

I love you dearly :) Your time is coming...

susan said...

I am sorry it wasn't a go this time. It has been hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that us gals spend so many years avoiding pregnancy and when we are finally ready and it should be easy-peasy, it often ain't. Good luck next go round. I am sure you will get the result you want soon.

Raquel said...

I'm sorry it was negative. I know you'll make an awesome mother someday. :)

AHC CollegeCounseling said...

you don't know me from adam, but i found your blog completely by accident & i've enjoyed reading about your life in london. i'm compelled to write & say that it will happen when it's supposed to happen (at least that's what i keep telling myself). i used to live in raleigh & shopped at "your" target.... ah, the memories! thanks for keeping me entertained & i really love love love traveling around europe vicariously with you & your hubby (mine, by the way, is also a HUGE Sox fan!).

Melissa said...

Trey is the only one of our babies that we "planned", and I know the disappointment of convincing myself thatI just HAD to be pregnant, only to get that negative test. It will happen though, and then you'll be scared sh*tless! LOL!