Monday, October 06, 2008

Mock-tober

Despite temperatures in the 80's this weekend, it was all fall, all the time.  Saturday, we hit the NC Farmer's Market.  This photo doesn't quite do them justice but some of these punkins were MASSIVE!

Sunday, we all went to Chapel Hill for the Festifall.  Here's Jason with our niece Anna getting an alpaca wool bracelet.


Katie, like her mom and all her aunts, loves jewelry.  A girl after my own heart.

Anna enjoying some chicken tenders.

And fearless on the blow up obstacle course.  She plowed through just like the kids twice her age.

Even the adults got in on the fun.  That's Jason's brother (Katie and Anna's dad) for those of you who are unable to recognize him from this angle.

Katie waiting her turn.

And finally, we hit up Loco Pops for some fresh made popsicles.  Anna was especially thankful for her chocolate bounty.  (She was really watching as Jason and Erica exchanged popsicles over her head but we thought it was funny that it looked like she was giving thanks to Big JC.)

And Katie giving hers the big chomp.

It's good to be back.  Really really good.


***Edited to add***

Something just reminded me of the best "out of the mouths of babes" moment of the weekend: My sister-in-law is pregnant and we were all at her house over the weekend. At one point, Katie put her hands on my stomach and asked "Are you going to have a baby too?" I told her "not yet". (Though I was thinking, "Perhaps I should lay off the cheezeburgers.")

Later, Katie and I were looking for the cat and as we went into the room that is rapidly approaching nursery status, Katie - in all seriousness - says to me, "You're lucky you're not having a baby. You know why? Because they're LOUD. And they wake you up at night." Count on a five-year-old to tell it like it is...

6 comments:

Alice said...

What beautiful nieces! I have an equally adorable nephew - so I know what it means to live close to them.

bethmorrissey said...

Aww, so cute!

Raquel said...

How sweet. Your nieces are adorable! :)

Suze - Cheshire, UK said...

V V cute. Picture of Jason's brother remind me of Phil searching for the keys in the sofa...
And one question for you... since you were adament about that change of season/change of wardrobe thing 6 months ago... I trust you are rugged up good and proper despite the 80degree temps. Hmmm?

andrea said...

They are SO cute! And they are right, they are loud, but worth it...and they will be so excited when you are having one, as we all will be!

Felanie Melanie said...

MY GOD I cannot believe how big they have gotten...am I really getting older? UUGGHH...