Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow Watch '09

Monday night 9:00pm - The mood is tense. I'm perched by the window hoping to catch sight of the first flake, even though the weather guy says it won't start till about midnight. Jason says it's not happening. I tell him to shut it or the snow fairy will hear and then we really won't get any snow.

Monday night 11:45 pm - Jason checks the online weather center for an update. They've adjusted the originally predicted 4 - 6 inches down to 2 - 4 inches. Jason says "See? They're already pulling back. It's not happening." I say "Why are you being so negative?!? Of course it's happening! Just you wait!"

Monday night 12:00 midnight - I hop out of bed and look outside. No snow. Jason says "It's not happening." I say "Shut up."

Tuesday morning 7:00 am - I dance around the house singing "I told you so! I told you so! I told you so!"



Tuesday afternoon 3:00-ish - The snow finally stops. After Jason finishes his conference call, we decide to take a spin around the 'hood.

Well, we attempt to take a walk. What really happens is that Jason immediately has flashbacks of his frozen New England childhood and constantly pelts me with snowballs.

Our twee little house...

Some scenes around the neighborhood...


And today, we were left with this death trap, perched conveniently over my front porch, willing and ready to take out any errant salespeople or bible beaters that dare darken my doorstep. You've been warned.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Rob also said "It'll never happen" all while watching the radar. Boys. He now owes me $25. Where is the "Storm Watch" truck? What help are they?

Heather said...

Stom Watch team was OUT OF TOWN! Of all the times...

Suze - Cheshire, UK said...

Love your house! So precious!

Alice said...

Beautiful snow pictures!! Can you send some to Georgia?? I'd really like to see snow once this winter.

Beth N said...

Aw, you should come up here... We haven't seen the ground in a month! I still get excited everytime it snow, though.

And, btw, your house is friggin' adorable!!

Aisby said...

Your house is adorable...and even better now that it keeps the Jehovah's Witnesses away!!

We haven't seen snow since we lived in Goldsboro...I don't think south Georgia will EVER get any! My philosophy is, if it's gonna be this freakin' cold it might as well snow and shut down the whole town!