Friday, January 09, 2009

Working Girl

Ok, I realize this is something of a cop-out post but I actually have nothing else to report at the moment. And this blog will never be one of those "So, I didn't do much today really. I got up, had a cup of coffee, watched the Today show for a while and then played with my cat Sparky until lunch time. For lunch, I had a ham sandwich. With mustard. It was okay. After lunch, I took a nap and then played the Wii until dinner time. For dinner, I had a turkey sandwich. With mayo. It was great. Then I watched some Friends reruns. That Chandler cracks me up every time. Then I went to bed. So, you know. Just the usual. I'll report back tomorrow." kind of blogs.

But here's what I've been working on... Those of you who are friends with me on Facebook know that I'm working on a fashion blog which I hope to parlay into a proper freelance writing career. It's a long shot, I know. I am fully aware that there are scads of people out there who think they can write and who are all trying to get published or at the very least, be freelance writers. I am also aware that there are scads of people out there who can write far better than I.

So, this is just a little something that I'm trying out. At the very least, it will give me an excuse to trawl Net-A-Porter.com and eLuxury.com for hours on end every day. "Honey, it's WORK. I need these shoes for RESEARCH. You know how they say to 'write what you know'. Well, how am I supposed to WRITE about Manolos if I don't KNOW Manolos?? How am I supposed to WRITE about the designer boutiques in Raleigh if I don't SHOP at the designer boutiques in Raleigh?? I ask you!!"

My goal is to get the site ready to "launch" for Monday. I just have a few more things I want to tweak. If you like me, wish me luck. If you don't, please just don't put a pox on my house or anything.

8 comments:

andrea said...

Good luck, I can't wait to see it!

geo said...

Love the idea. Break a leg!

Jessi said...

Can't wait to see it! Good Luck

bethmorrissey said...

Wishing you loads of luck!

Raquel said...

Good luck! What a fun idea. I can't wait to see it. :)

Victoria said...

Lots of people can write. Not everyone can be interesting. I find you interesting enough to read your blog just as often as I catch up with the Go Fug Yourself girls, and I don't even know you. Bring on the Manolos baby!

Suze - Cheshire, UK said...

I can't wait to be educated on fashion - am happy to be a case study in 'what not to wear' if you need!

Susan said...

Good luck! I look forward to reading your new blog.