Thursday, February 05, 2009

The birthday whore strikes early

Let's crank up the old birthday machine early this year, shall we?  You may be surprised to know that I've already spent some time thinking about some of the things I want this year.  No?  You're not surprised?  Frankly, if you were surprised, I'd say you know very little about me.

Well, to help out my dear friends and loved ones, here are a few things on my wish list:

3.   Ewan McGregor, Josh Jackson and/or Jason Mraz to sing Happy Birthday to me
4.   Shag on DVD ( I know.  I, too, am shocked to the core that I don't own it already.)
10. A TV stand that will fit between my fireplace and wall (I can't link to one because I don't THINK THEY EVEN EXIST.  GOD.)
11.  Balenciaga bag in black with gold hardware
12.  A visit from a very good friend
13.  For Marc Jacobs to move their headquarters to Raleigh and give me a job
14.  For the Fug Girls to re-locate to Raleigh and be my new BFF's

Y'all see what you can do, alright?

5 comments:

Alice said...

This made me laugh!! And since today is actually my birthday...I can tell you that I handed my husband a list two weeks ago and your #4 is on my list, too!! It is one of my most favorite girlfriend movies!! I had it on VHS years ago...and I can quote the whole movie word-for-word. I'm hoping for a DVD upgrade.

Love the list and I hope you get everything on it!

Tonya & Michael said...

SHAG - Hands down, best movie evah' about girls from the South! In the words of Carson, it makes me "Wanna go to Myrtle Beach, and meet boys, and be wild!"

Hope you have a fabulous b-day and get almost everything on your list!

bethmorrissey said...

I don't believe I've ever seen Shag. Now I know what to rent next!

Suze - Cheshire, UK said...

When I read: "because I don't THINK THEY EVEN EXIST. GOD." I had the Napolean Dynamite tone of voice in my head. Odd.
Keep watch for the postman :)

Nicole said...

I hope you get everything on your list!! I have that Balenciaga and I think it might be my favorite bag, although Mike calls it an old-lady-hag-bag. He just doesn't get it. When is your b-day? Mine is coming up around the corner, although after 35, I stopped celebrating.