Thursday, February 12, 2009

Jason's life, in a nutshell

The other night, Jason and I were getting ready to go out for a quick bite to eat at our local Mexican food joint. Jason was changing clothes and asked me to grab one of his tees and his grey hoodie for him. (Now, the tee in question is a very cool graphic tee from Banana Republic and the hoodie is a J. Crew vintage fleece so he's not exactly slumming it here.)

Then he looks at me and says "Wait a minute. You're way more dressed up than me. I should put on a sweater or something."

I said "Whatever. I'm not dressed up. I'm wearing a tee. Granted, it's got sequins on the placket. But it's a tee."

He gives me one of his "Are you really my wife?" looks.

Then I said "Give me a break. I'm not dressed up. I'm wearing a hoodie. Granted, it's cashmere. But it's a hoodie."

He gives me another "Seriously. Are you really my wife?" looks.

Then I said "Oh come on. How dressed up can I really be? I'm wearing flats. Granted, they're leopard print and patent leather. But they're flats."


Oh to be Jason. Poor poor Jason.

BUT, lest any of you start truly feeling sorry for him, here's a snippet from last evening.

The scene: cleaning up the kitchen after dinner

Me: I guess I could take off the two feet of faux pearls hanging around my neck now. I mean, it's not like I'm still out and about.

Jason: I dunno. I kind of like it. Really classes this place up.

So, you know... He kind of encourages me, right? Also, that might be my new slogan. "Heather. Really classing places up."


2 comments:

MrsBlueberry said...

Oh I love those leopard print flats! And thanks for pimping out my blog too. :)

Signed,
Another Heather working on "classing Raleigh up"

Suze - Cheshire, UK said...

I wondered why London is looking a bit slummy these days... Come back.
Stay classy, Raleigh.