Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oh hai!

So, ummm, the blog?  It has been neglected.  Sorry?  Or whatever?  

Eh, forget it.  I'm not really sorry.  I have excellent reasons for not updating in the past week.  Let me show you them...

Let's see.  My last post was last Wednesday, yes?  Well, last Thursday I had lunch and went to the mall with my perfect little nephew and his mom (that would be my sister-in-law) and then I went straight from there to Catherine's house to see her brand new puppy.  And I stayed there until something like 5:30.  Because, you know, cutefuzzypreciousfluffyscrumptiouspuppyness!

Then on Friday, I spent the morning and early afternoon doing very professional writer-y type things like, um writing and other important stuff.  Then in the later afternoon, I went back to Catherine's house to hang out and whaddaya know, it got to be about 9:30 in the evening before we knew it and we had blown through twelvity bags of chips, two gallons of salsa, a bottle of red and some tortellinis.  (That, friends, is what happens when the husbands are out of town [hers] or rot their brains playing Golden Tee after work [mine].)

Saturday and Sunday were generally filled with weekend-y type things, as they generally are.

Monday is where it gets interesting.  You see, I am now a nanny.  Marinate on that for a minute.

Picked yourself up off the floor yet?
.
.
.
.
.
Okay, how about now?
.
.
.
.
.
.
Now??
.
.
.
.
.
.
Seriously.  Pull yourself together.

Ok, so.   Some good friends of ours were in a bit of a tough spot with their nanny.  Long story short, they needed a new one.  So for the next five months (until their three year old starts school) I am super nanny.  Oh yeah, and I'm still working on that whole crazy "writing thing" so you could say I'm BUSY AS HELL.  Y'all?  I'm TIRED.  

On the upside, she's an adorable, well-behaved, well-mannered super-sweet little girl.  On the downside, I'm so not used to this constant activity.  

Hopefully, my body will adjust to this new lifestyle and I'll catch up to myself soon.  In the meantime, I'll be licking my wounds during her naptime.  


8 comments:

Monique said...

Oh fun - so glad to hear she is well behaved - that makes life SO much easier! Have fun:)

bethmorrissey said...

Fun! I bet you have a great time, and you are a seriously good friend!!

Suze - Cheshire, UK said...

I'm quietly terrified for the child. Eh, screw the mental scars - that child is going to be stylish!

Aisby said...

I'm so glad someone else believes you can make any word an adjective, just by adding "y"!!

The good news is...after chasing a child around all day, you will drop that 15 pounds you "say" you need to lose in no time.

andrea said...

I think you will be a great nanny, and she will know the difference between LV and Chanel by the time you are done!

Alice said...

Wow! That sounds like quite an adventure. I can't wait to read all about it....you are going to share stories, aren't you??

geo said...

how fun! Heather Poppins SUPER NANNY :)

Ginger said...

Remember what I said to you earlier (or a year ago?) about drinking Nestle' Quik out of a martini glass....