Monday, February 09, 2009

Spring fling

For all the whinging I've been doing lately about missing London, I must admit that North Carolina knocked it out of the park this weekend. It was absolutely bee-yoo-ti-ful outside with temps in the low 70's. And the trend continues for the rest of this week so there's plenty of reason to drag myself out for daily jogs around the 'hood. (Which I imagine will go some way in helping me shed the 15 or so lbs. I've packed on in the past five months.)

When you look at London's forecast for this week, it's all rain and highs in the low 40's. So, umm, sorry London but I'm not missing you so much this week. (Though this does bring to mind the weekend prior to my birthday last year, when there was a freak early showing of spring. Perhaps my birthday is a magical time? Yes, that sounds about right.)

Anyway, Sunday we had planned to do yard work so Saturday was our fun day. We went and had ourselves a redneck hotdog picnic in the parking lot of Lowe's... Though how redneck can it really be when you're eating in the back of a Lexus?

And then we went for a sunset jog around Lake Lynn. Who knew such beauty existed right across the street from our neighborhood?

I only had my iPhone with me so I wasn't able to adequately capture the freak of nature that lives at Lake Lynn - the durkey. Half duck, half turkey. It's a sight to behold, let me assure you. Next time, I'll take my proper camera and make sure to get a good photo of one of those beasts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Present blog author excluded, I've seen plenty of rednecks driving lexi... (please note that I am latinizing Lexus).