Sunday, March 08, 2009

It's gettin' hot in here

Lest you thought I was exaggerating when I said last week that Mother Nature had lost her damn mind, here be proof:

Yes, that's right. It snowed last Monday and the thermometer broke 80 degrees this weekend. So we did what North Carolinians do best. We got outside and picniced, played and barbequed.

And the infamous Katie and Anna were also in town so that made the weekend even more funnerer. If nothing else, they certainly know how to work a crowd. (Yes, they had a dance party at Shelly Lake. On top of a picnic table.)



I think Jason and Liam are starting to look a little bit alike, though I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is...

Hint - it's the HAIR.

Then we told Nana we would take Katie back to our house for a nap but we really snuck her out to Ben & Jerry's and then went to our house where Katie and I watched Legally Blond together, played "What Not to Wear" (she helped me pick out my outfit for dinner) and did makeovers (she repeatedly stabbed my eyelids and cheeks with various makeup brushes). That's totally the same thing as napping, right??

Sunday, we all gathered back at Nana's for barbequed ribs. Jason worked off his ribs by running circles around the cul-de-sac with Katie and Anna and the bigwheel.

And playing soccer in the back yard...

Katie wore herself out and had to play spectator with me.

There are definitely benefits to playing the fun aunt and uncle role. We can basically do no wrong. Anna has started telling anybody who will listen that she wants to come live with us. In fact, last week she got mad and told Joe, Amy and Katie that she was leaving. They asked her where she was going and she said "Raleigh". They asked her where she would live and she said she was going to live at Jason's house. They told her they would miss her and then she went upstairs to pack. She eventually came back downstairs after a while and entered the living room with her arms out and said "Ta-daaaaaaa! I'm back!" Now that's showmanship.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little nieces are adorable--love the table dancing. I have to ask--is that an electrified fence I see in the background of that soccer pic? For deer (or maybe coyotes since they've been recently sighted around Raleigh)?

Heather said...

It is - the deer were eating all the veggies in the patch back there so they had to put that up. Not to worry though; it's shut off when the girls are playing out there.