Thursday, March 19, 2009

Self Edit: Off

Have you ever craved a fountain drink?  I occasionally do and when I get that craving, nothing else will do.  Not a Diet Coke in a can.  Not a Diet Coke in a bottle. Not even a Diet Coke poured into a glass of ice.  Simply put, no other beverage will do.  There's just something about a fountain drink. 

Well I woke up this morning craving that sweet fizzy elixir so on my way to my nannying gig, I stopped at McDonald's.  When I pulled up to the drive-thru, the girl on the speaker thingy goes "Good morning!  Would you like to try a hot chocolate?"  

I actually responded "Ugh.  Nothing sounds worse to me right now." 

Perhaps I should switch on my "self edit" function before I deal with the general public.

McDonald's drive-thru girl, I'm sorry.  It wasn't personal.  

(Side note:  I hate this new "Welcome to our fast food joint!  Would you like to try {insert beverage or food item here}?" thing.  Listen, I just pulled up to a McFreakinDonalds.  I've got something in mind that I want.  Lay off.)

4 comments:

Vegemite Wife said...

Marketing. Everywhere. I'm with you - I can't stand the needless examples of it. Sure, give me coupons for free shit, I like that. But don't put a freaking shamrock in my Guinness.

Ginger said...

Heather, do you not live near a Sonic? They have the BEST ice! It makes the drink. I go for the half sweet/half unsweet tea, or when I feel like a splurge, Dr Pepper.

bohemianbailie said...

That is one of the best things about being back in the States is a real good fountain drink and just driving through and paying nothing for a cup that wont even fit in the cup holders

Caitlin said...

I am so with you on this! Fountain drinks -- so good! I am particular about the ice and if they are little crunchy bits I love it even more!