Thursday, April 30, 2009

Epic Win (Edited)

So, for those of you who don't know, I'll just say this:  The Carolina Hurricanes stunned EVERYONE (themselves included) last night in New Jersey when they scored two goals (one to tie it up and the next one for the win) within seconds of each other - both in the final 80 seconds of the game.

We were of course at the official 'Canes Cool Bars location for the viewing party, watching outside on a massive screen set up for the occasion.  It was pure pandemonium.  Mayhem.  Chairs flipped over, beers spilled, small children trampled.  Just kidding, of course...  No beer was spilled.  ( I kid, I kid!)

Anyway, I've got something special brewing for my "official" post about this most joyous occasion, which I will hopefully get up on here later this evening or tomorrow.  

***************EDIT***************
Turns out, between battling a nasty case of hay fever and being generally busy, I simply haven't the time or energy to work on my little special project, as mentioned above.  So, instead I'll leave you with this...  My celebratory stance in the parking lot of the Ale House.

I really can't explain the feeling of thinking your team's season is about to end and then celebrating a truly unbelievable win against the best goalie in the world less than two minutes later.  

All smack-talk aside, I have to say that Marty Brodeur is amazing at what he does and no one can really explain how we got two crucial shots by him, seconds apart.  And aside from the little stick-throwing tantrum after our last two-tenths of a second winning goal in game 4, he is a class act.  As are the Devils fans who have showed up on the 'Canes message board to congratulate us...  A totally unexpected, but much appreciated gesture.

And now, Bruins - we've got your numbah.  

2 comments:

Nell said...

Hi there - i just wanted to let you know that i stumbled across your blog about two weeks ago and have been reading it from it's start to now non-stop. It's had me hooked like a hilarious novel. In fact i feel kinda sad now that i'm done! So, although i don't normally post comments, and certainly don't want to appear stalker-ish in any way, i really did want to tell you how much i have enjoyed reading about your adventures - and thanks for sharing them.

Nell :)

Heather said...

Hi Nell,

Thanks for your nice comment! I've said it before, and I'll say it again - it never fails to amaze me that pure strangers read this thing. But, you know, it's your time. Waste it however you see fit... :)

In all seriousness though, thanks so so much. It's really nice to hear from people who enjoy my ramblings!

Heather