Monday, April 27, 2009

SHUT OUT!!!!

The Hurricanes sent the Devils back home with their tails between their legs with last night's 4-0 shut out victory.  Our boys lit up Marty Brodeur.  Lit. Him. UP.  Not to mention our goalie, Cam Ward was on freaking FIRE.  We had a great time hurling insults and taunting.  I'm telling you, I turn into a different person at sporting events.  Here's a highlight reel of my positively horrid behavior:

During a Devils penalty I screamed "Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!!"

Whenever we scored on Brodeur, we would yell the ever-classic "Maaaaaaaaarty.  Maaaaaaaaaaarty.  Maaaaaaaaaarty.  YOU SUCK!"

Towards the end of the third period, we had the puck in Devils territory and I shouted "C'mon boys!  Give Marty one more to cry himself to sleep on!"

And of course, the most obvious one is "Devils, go to hell!  Devils, go to hell!" which I also yelled in the general direction of a couple of people in Devils jerseys in the parking lot.  (I mean, it's just too easy.)

Classy.  Real classy.  I would apologize but, quite honestly, I'm just not sorry.  All bets are off at hockey games, right?

2 comments:

The Tune's said...

Hats off to your Hurricanes for a good game last night!

Heather said...

Thanks Libby! You guys put up a hell of a fight and I'm still in shock over those final 80 seconds. No one, and I mean NO ONE, saw that coming! It's beyond explanation.

All in all, it was a great series to watch...