Friday, May 22, 2009

A hockey fan's prayer

Well, Jason is finally back home from London.  And the house is spotless.  And I didn't have to lift a finger to make it that way.  And that's pretty much the extent of goodness in my life right now.

You see, without going into too much detail, the 'Canes got their asses handed to them last night in Shitsburgh (Again, sorry...I know it's a cheap shot but as I have said before...it's hockey season.  We can be friends in July.)  I was so mad that as we were leaving the Carolina Ale House, I took a swing at some festive red, black and white balloons.  I really wanted to wrestle them to the ground and punch them till they all busted but thought better of it.  Personally, I could do without being hauled down to the big house for assault on party supplies, wearing my 'Canes number 17 tee and face tatts.

Dear Jesus, 

I'm sure you must be a hockey fan.  Please give Cam Ward his mojo back.  Please lay your miracle hands on Tuomo Ruutu's foot.  Please give Erik Cole a shoulder made of titanium so that he may forecheck Crosby and Malkin into next century.  (And if you have time, maybe see that Cooke is afflicted with a venereal disease of some kind?)  Please give the refs a collective conscience.  Please do whatever you can to right the wrongs from this series.  Please let the good guys win.

If you can help with these simple requests, I promise to be a very good girl and not ever make bad words out of our opponents' cities' names again.

(Man, that was so beautiful, I almost want to make a cross-stitch out of it and give it out for Christmas gifts.)



1 comment:

Alice said...

and the people said, "amen!"