Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My embarrassment. Let me show you it.

Tonight, I got a hankerin' to clean out our fridge.  Maybe it's because the cleaning ladies are coming tomorrow and I'm terrified of them opening the refrigerator and finding 2-week-old steak leftovers and some soggy brownish salad greens.  Because, you know, JUDGEMENT.  The cleaning ladies, they pass it.  

Well, I don't know what's worse...  The scene I described above (by the way, old steak and limp lettuce - hungry yet?) or what we're left with after tossing out all the crap that's past its prime:

Let's see...that's good beer, good beer, good beer, Coke, Coke, water, water, water, water, pimento cheese...

...aaaaaaand Pepsi, Pepsi, Pepsi, Pepsi, Pepsi, baking soda (for that just cleaned, fresh smell!!!), 12 oz. Miller Lite x 5, Miller Lite tall boy x 2, High Life Light x about 150, Diet Mountain Dew (both fully leaded and caffeine free versions) and root beer.  Not pictured, in the door shelves, are various and sundry condiments and two bottles of bloody mary mix.

Wow.  That might be the most redneck refrigerator EVER.  In our defense, all those cans of beer are leftover from our tailgating adventures from a week and a half ago.  (At home, we drink the good stuff in the bottles from the first pic.)  

Sooooo, to pad this thing out, I may have to run to Whole Foods and buy some expensive cheeses and charcuterie.  (That's what fancy people eat, right?)

5 comments:

bethmorrissey said...

You made me feel better. I realised this morning that our soda-to-food ratio is approximately 4:1. My solution? We'll have to order extra take away for more left-overs.

Catherine said...

I'm going to ask the obvious here...why the frick do you have cleaning people?

Heather said...

Ummm, to. clean. my. house. That's generally why you hire cleaning people.

I don't get it. Why do you think that's an obvious question?

susan said...

I had no idea they made caffeine free mountain dew!!!

The Tune's said...

As long as the Champagne of Beers is in there you have a fantastic fridge!