Monday, June 08, 2009

Hello random, my old friend

Here's what we've been up to lately:






Ummmmm...








Errrrr...








Hmm.








Not a damn thing apparently.  Unless you count nursing cocktails on our front porch.

So I checked my camera and iPhone for photos of us doing something.  ANYTHING.  Here's what I've got.

According to the photos I uncovered, last Sunday turned into quite the Sunday Funday.  After sitting on the porches of two different bars, I thought turning a half-eaten pretzel and two dips into a study in anatomy was a great idea.  Sadly, I thought documenting it was an even better idea.  Palm, meet forehead.


Similarly, why I thought it necessary to document us testing out porch furniture at Target, I'm not sure.  Probably a product of the multiple drinks at the aforementioned two different bars.  So, errr, here's Jason!  In the garden section at Target!  Sitting in a chair that does not yet technically belong to us!  Behold!  Or whatever.

And here's us attempting to atone for driving an SUV.  You see, our yard is roughly the size of a credit card.  And a couple of weeks ago, we had a bit of a yardwork mishap. Push-mower go BOOM.  Mid mow.  Oops.  So I guess lawn mowers need oil changes too?  Anyway, perhaps it could be repaired.  But really?  Lawn mower go BOOM once, shame on lawn mower.  Lawn mower go BOOM twice, shame on us.  Or something like that...  Bottom line, it's just not worth the risk.  So instead of plunking down for another fancy gas-operated number,we got us one of them there manual thingies with the little rolly blades and it works great!


And ummm, that's about it.  Exciting times round these parts.  Oh wait!  We bought a bed full of exorbitantly priced pillows yesterday at BB&B.  How's that?  No?  

Uhhh, we went out to Tobacco Road Sports Cafe on Saturday night and I got hit on when Jason dropped me off to grab a table while he parked.  (Guy: "Hey there, are you following us?"  Me: "Uh, no."  Guy:  "Well, you should be."  On the one hand - dude, try harder.  On the other hand - Yessssssss.  Still got it.)  Better?  Still no?

Fine.  I give up.  

1 comment:

Suze - Cheshire, UK said...

I disagree. This is Best Post Evah. It's got suspense, tales of booze and heck - even a yeast-laden phallic symbol. Love it!
Congrats on the eco-mower too. We have one and they rock very much indeed.
PS Bought some Mraz the other day.. I thank you.