Thursday, October 29, 2009

Slippers and the City

What I came home to after the cleaning ladies were here:

All my slippers, lined up by the bed. At the risk of going all Carrie Bradshaw on you... I couldn't help but wonder, have I been collecting loungewear when I should have been saving for Louboutins?

From what I can count off the top of my head, I own about nine pairs of slippers. I have two whole drawers dedicated solely to cozy stretchy things to wear while I sit on my couch and read. (And that's not counting my pajama drawer. Pajamas are for sleeping. Loungewear is for lounging.) Not to mention the five sets of Juicy sweats and three cashmere hoodies that hang in my closet and rarely see any action past the confines of my front door.

I think it's safe to say my loungewear and slipper addiction has reached critical mass. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go slip into something more comfortable. Preferably something made of 100% cotton jersey.

1 comment:

andrea said...

Slippers and Europe go together. Just don't start using the term 'dressing gown' :)