Monday, November 30, 2009

I've not forsaken thee

I've been sort of...absent...as of late. I have very good reasons though. You see, we have been dealing with the nightmare that is a real estate transaction:

I made a whirlwind solo trip to Raleigh to take care of all the last minute details and to oversee the move-out of the last of our worldly possessions. It was a horrid job to have to do on one's own. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea for me to pack everything into the boxes and leave only the heavy lifting to the movers. Next time, I think I'll let them handle the whole kit-and-caboodle.

Anyway. Enough complaining. It's done. The money is sitting pretty in the bank and just waiting to be handed over to another lender as a down payment on our next home. For now, it's a fan-freaking-tastic feeling to be mortgage free. As in, without mortgage. As in, no mortgage payment to make. As in, I'd better transfer that money to a locked-down account before I lose my mind and go completely rogue at Saks.

So now, I am back in the arms of the one who loves me most and getting ready for another great weekend adventure in Dresden, Germany. People, it's Christmas Market season and nobody in the world does Christmas like the Germans. Nobody. I will eat and shop my way through a veritable winter wonderland of culinary treats and shiny baubles.

This week, I'm going to catch up on this here ol' blog because I do have lots to share. Between untold stories of Kolsch in Köln, a date with Edward Cullen, a Thanksgiving to rival Martha Stewart's best efforts, and the official start to the Christmas Market here in Brussels, there is much to tell.

7 comments:

MrsBlueberry said...

Congrats on selling your house! I am jealous...we have been on the market since May with little luck so far. Glad to hear it is possible to sell right now though! :)

Suze - Cheshire, UK said...

Thank f**k you are back. About time! You should still be beaten about the head with a bratwurst for neglecting us though!

Sara said...

Congrats!! Glad you are back, and very jealous about the Christmas markets!! Enjoy!

bethmorrissey said...

Glad you're back. And congrats on the sale being over and done with.

andrea said...

Yay for your house being sold! And yay for Christmas markets, I am so envious!

Alice said...

I know about the unwanted mortgage...dear, God, do I know about it. Glad you guys sold the house and I can't wait to see pictures of Christmas villages. Can't wait!!

thetransplantedseattleite said...

Congratulations!! It's such an adorable house. I'm sure the future owners will be very happy there!! :)