Friday, April 23, 2010

Get over yourself, lady

So, yesterday I went through the drive through at our new drycleaner, which happens to sit about 100 yards from our new apartment building. (Yes, DRIVE THROUGH. Meaning: I did not even have to drag my fat ass out of the driver's seat of my Prius at any point of this transaction. This will be more relevant in a minute.) When the guy brought our stuff to the car, this conversation transpired.

Me: We just moved in at XYZ Apartments over there. {I point.} Do you guys have a service set up with them? I think they mentioned something about it when we signed the lease.

Guy: Ummm, I don't think so. I haven't heard of anything.

Me: Huh. That's funny. I really thought they said there was some kind of pick up/drop off service provided. {Because evidently, your DRIVE THROUGH service is not nearly convenient enough for me and my sedentary lifestyle. GOD.}

Guy: Well... I don't think there's anything specially set up for residents of XYZ Apartments or anything. Because, well, you know, a lot of Hurricanes players live there and they all just come in.

Now, he was very polite but I took that to mean this:

Get over yourself, lady. If professional athletes who earn sums of money in the millions can drag themselves over here to drop off and pick up their own drycleaning, then I'm pretty sure you can manage it too.

I think I just got served.

3 comments:

Sara said...

haha thanks for the laugh!

Vegemite Wife said...

subtle, but I think he made the point...
or was it the fact that you were having all your 'Canes-wear laundered and he thought he could tempt you into the store on the off chance you might meet one of the players?

Alice said...

:) I totally use a drop-off drycleaning service. They come to our office twice a week. And I make them put it in my car for me.

How's that for lazy? :)