Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Can't live with him, can't live without him

No, I'm not referring to Jason. Not in this particular case anyways. I'm talking about our plus jeune chat, Elwin.

Elwin has a history of mischief. A long history. A very long history. So it should have come as no surprise when I turned towards the kitchen one evening and spotted this:

I don't even know how long he'd been up there before I noticed. As Suze says about Rocky's exploits, I'm not even mad. I'm just impressed.

And recently, I had noticed a few times that the laundry door was open a few inches. And I noticed a few times that the basket of cleaning cloths I keep there was in disarray. (Yes, I fold my cleaning cloths. Shut up.)

Then, a few evenings ago I heard the laundry closet pop open. I looked around the living room and guess who was nowhere to be found? You guessed it:

So busted. So so busted. I emailed this pic to Jason as he was traveling at the time of the crime and he replied back "I don't see any guilt in his eyes." In fact, I'd go as far as to say he looks rather pleased with himself. Which makes it even worse. HE THINKS IT'S TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE. I'm going to have to get something to babyproof the door because once he gets something set in his little mind, he'll keep doing it over and over and over. He is the very definition of a "creature of habit".

Then there's this...

And just like that, all is forgiven.

6 comments:

Ashely said...

Timely post! I thought of you this morning when I was leaving my apartment and looked up and two kittehs were surveying me from their window post. I felt a little violated.

hisgirlcridey said...

Aren't orange kitties the best? My fat orange tabby loves mischief, but she also loves to cuddle to make up for getting orange fur on a black pencil skirt before work, or jumping off of the top of the refrigerator feet first into the last piece of cake you were about to eat, or batting your coffee off of the coffee table for fun.

Robin said...

dude. you have a brown fridge??? i must know more!

Heather said...

No, robin - it's just black. The iPhone photo quality isn't the best... Either way though, I hate that fridge! We had a gorgeous HUGE stainless steel one in our house so this is hard to get used to. It's the only thing I don't like about our apartment.

Vegemite Wife said...

I think the cat is trying to do you a favour by distracting the eye from the fridge, no?
Amazing how the ol' paws-over-the-eyes wipes the anger slate clean. Damn furry bits of cuteness!

peachesandcurry said...

oh man that's funny! I bet after awhile he'll get tired of that spot on the fridge... maybe? Our cats tend to find these new spots to lounge but then give up on them after awhile... though they never give up our bed...
-Shaloot