Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Aging beautifully

Last summer on our trip to NoCal, we signed up for a few wine clubs while in Sonoma. We recently received our latest shipment from Cline, which included a very nice 2007 zinfandel. Cline always sends tasting notes along with the wine. Hopefully you can read the last sentence, at which I've pointed a giant arrow and highlighted for your convenience. But in case you can't, it says "This wine will age beautifully over the next 5 to 7 years."

Ha!

Yeah right.

Not in this house it won't.

Here is what the very nice 20o7 zinfandel looked like by bedtime. Again, for your convenience, I've used large arrows to indicate the level of wine left in the bottle.

It would have been lucky to age 5 to 7 hours.

4 comments:

andrea said...

If it was good last night imagine how much better it would have tasted in 2015 :)

Beth said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I like your style.

Alice said...

In my house the arrow would have been lower. And I'm the only wine drinker. :)

Sara said...

love it! hilarious!