Tuesday, September 14, 2010

And the fam grows by one

Sometimes I think this blog is like a villain in a bad Shakespeare production. Dying a slow, painful, never-ending, agonizing death. And just when you think it's breathed its last breath, it grabs itself by the throat, sputters and gasps, chokes a bit and then writhes around on the floor one more time.

I have absolutely no excuse for my absence. Pure laziness. Utter lack of will to blog. That's it. But, once again, I recommit myself to the Nutshell. And I owe it all to her:

Introducing Sadie Estelle, the newest member of the clan. Born Sunday September 12, weighing in at a very healthy eight pounds even. And how amazing does mom look just a few hours after delivering?

Liam meets his little sister for the first time. To be honest, he was more impressed by the box of Krispy Kremes Jason and I brought in.

The aunts were immediately smitten.

As was the uncle of course...

Especially the uncle, actually.

I think on some level she's aware that she was born on the first football Sunday of the season...touchdown!

Welcome, baby girl! You have no idea what kind of family you've gotten yourself into but you'll learn that we prefer the term "functionally dysfunctional".

4 comments:

andrea said...

She's beautiful, congrats!

And come back to the blogging world, I miss your posts!

Vegemite Wife said...

Damn! I'd like to look as good as that new mother WITHOUT having given birth.
And welcome back to blogging. The world needs villains, I can't do it all on my own!

Alice said...

Beautiful! Congratulations. I seconde Andrea. I live for your witty and wry observations.

Beth N said...

aww... so cute. Almost makes me want another. Almost.