Monday, September 27, 2010

The making of a Caniac

Around these parts, you know hockey season is right around the corner when the Caniac Carnival rolls around. We've actually never gone before since a lot of it is for kids. But we figured, with Sadie making her grand entrance and basically shattering Liam's world as he knew it, he could use a little extra attention.

He was a bit tentative when we first got there so we decided he just needed a little sugar to get him going. (That's why aunts and uncles and nanas and papas are AWESOME.) First stop - Dippin' Dots.

"Now, Aunt Heather, let me get this straight. You're telling me that these little balls of sugar will turn into ice cream if I eat them? What is this, NASA training grounds? Do I get Tang in my sippy cup later?"

"Well, okay. If you say so. I'll try them I guess. I'm not entirely sure though."

"What was I saying?? Who cares??? I'm sure! I'm sure! I love them! MORE MORE MORE!"

"Dear Baby Jesus, thank you for this colorful bounty of futuristic ice cream balls."

"Bouncy castles?? (Sponsored by Twitter, apparently?) Oh yeah! Let's burn off those Dippin' Dots! I've got sugar coursing through my veins!"

When it started to get hot outside, we headed in to the ice to watch the Canes practice. Liam was pretty mesmerized.

"Wow! They're so fast! And tough! I love it!"

"This is great! Hockey is aweso... Woah. What did you say about the possibility of frozen discs of vulcanized rubber hurtling in my direction at 80 miles per hour??? I'm not so sure about this anymore."

We had one more minor setback when we took him to meet Stormy. He was a big fan of Stormy...from afar. But with each step closer to the big pig, Liam gripped me a little tighter.

"What are you doing woman?!? He's got the crazy in his eyes! RUN! Keep thy distance, ice hog!"

"Well Uncle Jason, I appreciate you introducing me to the wonderful world of hockey. Let's make a deal. You keep that pig at 50 yards and I'm in. He's right behind me isn't he? ISN'T HE?!? No? Okay. Fine. I'm still in."

Caniac transformation: complete.


3 comments:

bethmorrissey said...

Love the little Ireland jersey!

Vegemite Wife said...

The Ireland top rocked a lot... But totally cute as a Caniac!

Ryan and Jenny said...

Really cute! I have to get him some more Dippin Dots!!!