Monday, November 15, 2010

Me, me, me, me, me...it's all about me

I've been tagged by my favorite Aussie-turned-Northern-Englander, and since - like her - I can't be arsed to come up with my own content at the moment, I'm happy to oblige. Even though this one is more difficult than your run-of-the-mill-answer-this-list-of-questions tag. I have to actually make up a question and answer it. But because I love me some Suze, I'll do it. It's a shit question but it's all I've got because I'm writing this while also trying to watch the Blues and Avs beat the crap out of each other. Man, I love a chippy hockey game. (I really am a girl. I swear I am.)


1) The best investment you ever made:
I'm going to break this down into two subcategories.
Emotional investment: Do you even have to ask?
Monetary investment: Lord, how can I decide? Basic black Tory Burch flats. Louis Vuitton Damier Speedy 30. Cashmere sleep mask. The iPrecious4. Jillions of dollah dollah bills spent on traveling the world. Center ice season tickets to Hurricanes hockey. Obagi skincare. The cosiest blanket of all time from Restoration Hardware. Quarterly shipments of amazing wine. Matching non-slip hangers for every single item in my closet. Le Creuset doufeu. Basically, if I can ask myself the question "Does it add immense joy to my life or make my life easier in some way?" and answer "Yes.", then it qualifies as the best investment I ever made.

2) If you could’ve written any book, directed any movie, and composed any song, which three would you pick:
Book: Twilight. Because I'd be rich ten ways to Sunday right about now.
Movie: La Vita e Bella. One of the most beautiful stories ever told.
Song: Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen. Just try to listen to it and not get chills. I dare you.

3) Weirdest quirk:
I had to ask Jason what he thought about this and he decided it was that "You won't touch raw meat." It's true. With the exception of sushi, I will totally vom if I'm made to touch uncooked meat. If I'm on dinner duty alone, I will use all manner of utensils to handle the stuff. I've perfected the art of piercing the hell out of chicken breast in order to get it from the wrapper to the pan. If we're on dinner duty together, it's understood that I will take care of any and all veg and/or starch as long as Jason deals with the "other bit".

4) One wish immediately granted:
A gay sidekick friend to go see Burlesque with me when it opens on November 24. Seriously. I'm accepting applications. Hit me up.

5) Most expensive hobby:
Good grief, just one? Hockey. Travel. Handbags. Take your pick.

6) An inexhaustible gift-card at which store:
Saks Fifth Avenue

7) In another lifetime, you’d be:
as funny as Tina Fey. Or maybe a TopCat. But probably the Tina Fey thing since I lack two things required to be a TopCat. Ahem.

8) The most famous/interesting member of your family tree:
Assuming my family tree now includes Jason's, I would have to say Margaret Sanger, famous for her activism in promoting birth control but, unfortunately also for her involvement in the eugenics movement.

9) What would you say to your teenage self?
Don't listen to people who tell you "these are the best years of your life". SO. NOT. TRUE. Your thirties will be miles better. You'll be able to afford laser hair removal and you can eat Froot Loops and a popsicle for dinner if you want.

10) Which celebrity would you most want to look like?
Anne Hathaway. And while you're at it, I'll take her personality too.

The rules tell me I'm also supposed to tag people so I'll hand it off to Beth and Peaches n' Curry if they feel like taking a break from coming up with their own material. But don't forget - you have to add your own question at the end. If I have to do it, so do you!

2 comments:

Vegemite Wife said...

Agree totally on 30's being miles better. Sooo true. Aside from all the travel, I wish I could have skipped my 20's altogether.

Peaches N Curry said...

Totally on it!

Btw, I am also taking applications for a gay sidekick. If you find one, can we share? Mine is currently in hotlanta :(

-Beth