Wednesday, December 08, 2010

With or without you

When Jason travels, things are very different around here. And, trying not to sound harsh, sometimes the changes are for the better. For example, this is what the bed looks like every morning with Jason here:

A twisted, rumpled mess. I basically have to take the sheets off and start fresh every day.

And here is what the bed looks like every morning without Jason here:

It takes me all of two seconds to fold my corner of the covers up and the bed is made.

This is what the floor next to the bed looks like with Jason here:

It's like the laundry basket exploded.

And this, of course, is what the floor next to the bed looks like without Jason here:

So fresh and so clean, clean.

But...sometimes the changes are for the worse. For example, this is what dinner looks like with Jason here:

A juicy filet with a side of edamame.

And this is what dinner looks like without Jason here:

A microwaved Weight Watchers meal with a side of...

Jelly Bellys. (What?? That's basically fruit.)

Not to mention that Jason is the main giver of George's belly rubs. So George rarely handles these absences well.

And that leaves me and Elwin to entertain ourselves. Which we often do by staging elaborate murder mystery dinners. And when you stop to think about that, it really doesn't seem like a healthy use of our time.

So, even if it means an endless supply of clothes in the floor and day after day of tangled sheets for me, I think it's in everyone's best interests for Jason to travel as little as possible.

2 comments:

Alice said...

I so relate to the bed-thing! Hope Jason is home soon to rumple your sheets and rub George's belly.

Beth N said...

Aww... I hope Jason returns soon. But I hear ya on the bed. We have the same issue. And I pass on the jelly beans, but I usually invite Ben & Jerry over when Rino travels ;)