Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Remind me. Who are you again?

Holy hell. Every time I think I'm just going to throw in the towel on the blog, something drags me back. I don't know why. I really have to get my shiz together and start posting on at least a semi-regular basis. Either that or give it up for real.

Things here at Sanger HQ have been...less than perfect lately. George, you know him - the 13 year old cat we have had since he was a preshus bebeh kitteh, has been sick. Very very sick. As in, two weeks ago our vet told us to take him home and love him, pet him, cuddle him and just spend time with him and if he makes it through the night, tomorrow we have to talk about putting him to sleep. THAT sick.

I really can't write about all that was wrong and all we've been through in the past two and a half weeks because my heart can't handle it. It breaks all over again every time I even think about that night we spent crying and thinking he was gone.

But for now, after spending over a week at the NCSU vet hospital, he's home and hopefully recovering. He has diabetes which means two doses of insulin each day. And by doses, I obviously mean shots. And if you know me, you know I've had a serious needle phobia my whole life. I almost passed out when the doctor showed us how to do it.

Anyway, I promise to at least try real real hard to post again before the week is over. Because believe me when I say there have been some very blogable things going on around here.

8 comments:

andrea said...

I am so sorry :( But, is it wrong I am happy you will be blogging again? Maybe?

geo said...

Heather, I've missed your blog so much! Thank you for posting again. I'm sorry to hear George is sick. It hurts me to see you and him hurting. It's impressing to know you're overcoming your fear of needles to help him out. That's love!!!

Stay strong, you got what it takes.

Peaches N Curry said...

I'm very sorry to hear about George :/ I know how much the furbabies mean to you.

Hope he's doing better and that yall are too.
-Beth

Heather said...

Thanks ladies... It has been a rough (and VERY expensive) couple of weeks and there are more vet visits and tests to come. But right now, all that matters is that George is at home and we'll do all we can to give him at least a few more years with us. (As long as he's not in any chronic pain of course.)

The Tune's said...

Sorry about George :-( I hope he is getting back to 'normal' and enjoying life! I too fear needles.....I hate going to the doctor for that reason.

Sara said...

So sorry about George..that is no fun at all. :(

Alice said...

Oh, those furbabies are such wonderful blessings. Thinking of you and your sweet George. I know you will take very good care of him. He is lucky to have such a good mom.

xoxox

Beth N said...

*hugs*