Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bring on the hores (de vores)!

I'm nearly finished with the Wedding Mania, Part II post but in the meantime please enjoy this little morsel...

Someone at the leasing office of our building really needs get their spellcheck on:

Skin Care & Brow Event Wed. 6-8:30pm

Celebrate Summer bronze essentials with Christian Dior artist Billie Jeanne. Get your personalized makeup & skincare consultation for fresh & easy looks appropriate for this season. Professional brow threading and shaping by stylist Randi (complimentary)!


Hores de vores & refreshments will be served.


Wednesday, July 20th from 6-8:30pm in the leasing office.


I almost spewed Diet Coke on my iPhone screen when I saw that email. "Hores de vores" you say??? Sounds fan-ceeeeeee! Sign me up. Or as Jason quipped, "Forget the vores; bring on the hores!"


Just for reference, the correct spelling is hors d'oeuvres. So they were pretty close.

Just kidding.

Not even remotely close.

6 comments:

The Tune's said...

haha....that is great! Did you go check out the "hores"?

Heather said...

No...skipped out on the hores. And the vores :)

Emily said...

Yes, I always trust strangers in leasing offices to wax my brows. Great idea!

Vegemite Wife said...

The pronunciation in Australia is 'horses doovers' :)

Beth said...

I snorted when I so-genuis-ly translated that "hores of vores" were going to be at the party. That's some place you live!

Alice said...

That made me laugh out loud. Jason's comment created a second snort. (Sidenote: I'm so glad I went to physical therapy so I wouldn't pee my pants, because I totally would have peed my pants reading this last year.)

My dad used to pronouce it "horse doovers." (I think he was being sarcastic.)