Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Team America

I'm writing this on the eve of the Annual Sanger Family Beach Trip Extravaganza (If you're feeling nostalgic, take a look back at Beach Trip Extravaganzas of yesteryears here and here.) and it will magically post later in the week while I'm likely to be sitting under an umbrella and sipping on a Firefly cocktail.

So I figured it was as good a time as any to continue the blog catch up game with our most recent family beach outing. A Mini Sanger Family Beach Trip Festivity, if you will. The little cousin of the Annual Sanger Family Beach Trip Extravaganza...

How did you spend your Fourth of July weekend? Here's how we spent ours.

Sadie ate a lot of sand.

Which sometimes made her very happy.

And sometimes made her very sad.

Liam ate a lot of pretzels, which always made him happy.

When Sadie wasn't eating sand, she could probably be found crawling in the surf. Wrong way, kid.

That's better.

Jason tried to freak out Liam by making it appear as though the beach ate his feet.

And Liam spent a considerable amount of time looking for Jason's feet.

Jenny had to take him aside for some Mommy and Me time to try and explain that the beach didn't really eat Jason's feet.

Later, during Sadie's nap time, Liam got a touch of cabin fever when he was forced to entertain himself quietly. We've all watched this video about eleventy billion times and a) can't figure out what in the world he is doing and b) are still cracking up every single time we see it.

Shhhhhhhhh. from heathers on Vimeo.

Sadie woke up from her nap on the fourth bursting with national pride and patriotism. Yay America!!!

But not even America's birthday could stop her from her usual surf crawling.

Meanwhile, Liam couldn't be much bothered with surf crawling when there was surf running to be done.

And when Liam had exhausted all beach activities, he dipped into the wonderful world of accessorizing.

I'm pretty sure this was Sadie's 3rd or 4th Independence Day costume change. She's like Lady Gaga at the Grammys!

And what better way to cap off the Fourth of July celebrations than with a...giant Corona?

Holiday beverage choice FAIL.

6 comments:

angry angel said...

Hi Heather,

I don’t know how on earth I came across your blog a year or so ago (probably fantasizing about running away to Europe), but it quickly became one of my favorites. I was even more pleased to find you were from Raleigh, and have enjoyed living vicariously through your international travels. Love your great sense of humor, your attitude, and your real talent for telling a story.

Last week we were in your neck of the woods and I happened to recognize you and Jason while we were eating at the corner establishment. It was a bizarre sensation: I wanted to introduce myself to tell you how much I enjoy reading your stuff, but found myself feeling kind of like a stalker, even though it never dawned on me I’d see you out and about. (And it really is your fault for so meticulously photodocumenting your escapades). Anyhow, I demurred, much to my husband’s dismay, as you are now considered a local celebrity in our household.

Thanks for sharing all your trips, your beers, and your ferocious love of hockey (which I can’t claim to understand, but really have a better appreciation of now. Your hockey posts always make me laugh).

And consider this a heads-up...if I see y’all out and about again, I might just have to say hey.

Peace,
Kit

Heather said...

You are too sweet. Next time, don't be shy! Come on over :)

Out of curiosity, where did you see us? My guess is Vivace? We just got home from London late last week and that's the only place I can remember us going...

angry angel said...

Vivace it was! I saw Jason first and thought I recognized him, but had no doubts once I saw you. What a cute couple you are! And the trip to London explains the lack of blogging-- get back to it, wouldja?

Heather said...

Jason will probably want me to point out that he had just gotten off a transatlantic flight and if he looked less than sharp, that's why. Me, I have no such excuses since I got home a couple of days before :)

angry angel said...

tell Jason no worries there -- as great as your photos are, they don’t do him justice. you’re both adorbs :)

Heather said...

I think I'm going to have to hire you to be my constant companion and throw compliments at me on demand!